150th Anniversary Celebration: $10,000 Grant Giveaway on Facebook
$10,000 Grant Giveaway Program Dates, Details, and Official Contest Rules:
From November 4, 2013 to November 10, 2012, First Financial Facebook fans will have the opportunity to nominate an organization to be considered for the $10,000 grant program. In order to nominate a charity, all nominators must complete a nomination form. On November 11, 2013, all nominated charities that fall within the bank’s three areas of giving (economic development, financial literacy, and neighborhood development) and fulfill eligibility requirements will move on to the voting period.
Voting and selection:
From November 11 through November 25, First Financial Facebook fans will vote for the organization they believe deserves to receive the $10,000 grant. All voting will be conducted via the First Financial Facebook page. Limit one vote per fan. The organization with the most votes at the end of the voting period will be awarded the grant money. The grant recipient will be announced on or about December 2, 2013. No purchase necessary to participate, nominate or vote.
- Nominators and voters must be a fans of the First Financial Facebook page
- Nominated organizations must fall within one of the bank’s three areas of giving: economic development, financial literacy and neighborhood development.
- All suggested recipients must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- The organization must be located in the bank’s footprint of Ohio, Indiana and/or Kentucky
Organizations may also be deemed ineligible if in First Financial’s sole and absolute discretion, a charity, its management or affiliated organizations, among other things:
- is, or has been, under any investigation for fraud, misconduct (financial or otherwise) or other criminal activity;
- promotes or suggests, directly or indirectly, the use of firearms/weapons, any illegal drugs, prostitution or pornography, violence, or the underage use of alcohol;
- suggests or encourages, directly or indirectly, the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- disparages or denigrates any race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability or condition or otherwise discriminates (in an exclusionary way) against any of those groups based solely on being classified as fitting into those groups;
- disparages, denigrates (in writing or otherwise), or acts by means of adversarial or confrontational tactics to impact a product, service, person, industry, or organization including, but not limited to, First Financial or participants;
- supports or promotes the pro-life or pro-choice movements;
- spends a significant amount of time advancing a particular political party or candidate or supporting lobbying for any particular party, candidate and/or cause, or expanding or encouraging a membership or a particular political party, candidate or lobbying effort;
- while participating in the programs, or otherwise conducts itself, in an unsportsmanlike or inappropriate manner;
- entices voters by offering any type of consideration, gift, or award, including merchandise, cash, online currency, or anything deemed to have value in exchange for votes; or
- violates the program rules
Any organization determined to be ineligible at any time will be disqualified. First Financial retains the right at its sole discretion to determine eligibility and reserves the right to disqualify any charity at any time for any reason whatsoever. Additionally, First Financial reserves the right to eliminate an eligible nominator or an eligible voter’s involvement and all nominations or votes cast through the programs if First Financial, in its sole discretion, determines the eligible nominator or voter is not abiding by these program rules or otherwise acting in an unsportsmanlike or inappropriate manner. Decisions by First Financial will be binding and conclusive on all matters.