First Financial Announces 150th Anniversary Grant Recipients
December 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH – First Financial Bank is celebrating 150 years by giving back to the communities it serves. To commemorate its anniversary, the bank is donating a total of $150,000 to local community groups making a difference across the bank’s footprint.
Today, First Financial is proud to announce the organizations that have been selected to receive a grant. (15) $10,000 donations will be made to local organizations in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
1. Bartholomew County Financial Literacy Coalition (Columbus, Indiana)
2. Cincinnati Works (Cincinnati, Ohio)
3. Downtown Middletown, Inc. (Middletown, Ohio)
4. The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce’s Foundation (Bloomington, Indiana)
5. Greater Hammond Community Services (Hammond, Indiana)
6. Helping Hands Community Outreach Center (Dayton, Ohio)
7. Homestead Consulting Services (Lafayette, Indiana)
8. Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership (Indianapolis, Indiana)
9. Jackson County Development Industries (Seymour, Indiana)
10. Main Street Van Wert (Van Wert, Ohio)
11. Mercer County Civic Foundation (Celina, Ohio)
12. Neighborhood Housing Services of Hamilton (Hamilton, Ohio)
13. Ohio State University Extension in Butler and Preble counties (Ohio)
14. People Working Cooperatively (Cincinnati, Ohio)
15. Hamilton Dream Center (Nominated by and selected by the bank’s Facebook fans; Hamilton, Ohio)
In October, First Financial associates had the opportunity to nominate local non-profit groups to be considered for a grant. An internal selection committee comprised of associates from all areas of the bank reviewed nominations and selected 14 grant recipients. In addition to associate nominations, the bank reserved the final $10,000 grant for a Facebook contest to give fans and clients the opportunity to nominate and select a local organization.
“We are proud to commemorate our anniversary with this special donation and congratulate the selected community organizations,” said Claude Davis, First Financial’s CEO. “As you can imagine, selecting the grant recipients was not an easy task for our committee. We received more than 200 nominations from our associates. On Facebook, we received close to 70 nominations and more than 5,240 fan votes. There are so many deserving organizations making a difference across our footprint. We appreciate each group’s work and commitment to building stronger communities.”
Selected groups must be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and must fall within one of the bank’s three areas of giving: economic development, financial literacy and neighborhood development. The funds for the donation were made available through the bank’s community development fund at the Hamilton Community Foundation. These 15 donations are in addition to the grants provided to many local agencies through the bank’s community development efforts.
For more information about First Financial and it’s 150 year history, visit www.bankatfirst.com/150 or www.facebook.com/firstfinancialbank.
About First Financial Bancorp
First Financial Bancorp is a Cincinnati, Ohio based bank holding company. As of September 30, 2013, the Company had $6.3 billion in assets, $3.9 billion in loans, $4.7 billion in deposits and $692 million in shareholders’ equity. The Company’s subsidiary, First Financial Bank, N.A., founded in 1863, provides banking and financial services products through its four lines of business: commercial, consumer, wealth management and mortgage. The commercial, consumer and mortgage units provide traditional banking services to business and retail clients. First Financial Wealth Management provides wealth planning, portfolio management, trust and estate, brokerage and retirement plan services and had approximately $2.6 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2013. The Company’s strategic operating markets are located in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky where it operates 110 banking centers. Additional information about the Company, including its products, services and banking locations is available at www.bankatfirst.com.