As our communities continue to address the many changes in our daily lives, First Financial Bank stands ready to assist our clients in any way we can.
First Financial Coronavirus Hardship Relief Program -- We know some clients are impacted right now and need help. We’ve developed a program specially designed for those clients who are experiencing a hardship due to the Coronavirus. Our team is ready to work with you one-on-one over the phone and online to understand your situation and provide assistance. We are offering the following options to our consumer and small business clients:
- Home equity line of credit: Your interest only payments may receive up to 3 months deferral. The loan remains past due until end of deferral period so you can still draw on the available credit line. At the end of the deferral period, the accrued interest will placed at end of loan and will be due at maturity. We have an application you will need to complete to start the process. We will credit report your account in line with all applicable law and guidance during the deferral.
- Portfolio mortgage – meaning any mortgage that is owned by us: May be eligible for up to 90 days; payment deferred until end of loan and due at maturity. We have an application you will need to complete to start the process. We will credit report your account in line with all applicable law and guidance during the deferral.
- Investor mortgage loan – meaning your mortgage loan is owned by an investor and serviced by us: Depending on the investor that owns your loan, you may be eligible for forbearance followed by a repayment plan, or other loss mitigation option. We have an application you will need to complete to start the process. We will credit report your account in line with all applicable law and guidance during the forbearance or subsequent loss mitigation option.
- Installment/Auto Loan Payment Deferral Program – You may defer payments up to 90 days. Late fees will be waived during the deferral period. We will credit report your account in line with all applicable law and guidance.
- Credit Card Deferral Program – You may defer payments up to 90 days. Late fees will be waived during the deferral period. We will credit report your account in line with all applicable law and guidance.
- Small Business Loan Deferral Program - you may be eligible to defer payments for up to 90 days and late fees will be waived. We will also work with you on a variety of loan modification options to help address the impact of this situation on your business.
- SBA Loan Assistance – our team is happy to help take advantage of the new SBA Direct Loan Program. Details can be found here and feel free to reach out to your First Financial representative for assistance with this program or your current SBA loan.
- Foreclosures – We’ve suspended any new foreclosure actions for residential properties and vehicle repossessions for the next 60 days.
All of the above hardship relief options are being offered subject to applicable laws, regulatory requirements, and investor guidance. We will update these options as updates to requirements are made.
We are here to help! If you are in hardship and wish to take advantage of these options please reach out to your First Financial representative in one of the following ways:
- Call your First Financial representative or your local banking center. Click here for a list of our banking center locations and phone numbers.
- Reach out to our dedicated Coronavirus Hotline – 844-897-9563. This line is open 8:00 AM ET to 8:00 PM ET Monday through Friday and 8:00 AM ET to 5:00 PM ET on Saturday.
- Complete the Coronavirus Client Hardship Assistance Form. A First Financial associate will contact you to discuss your options.
We have many associates working directly with clients and ask for your patience as our associates and our call centers are receiving many calls. You are our priority and we appreciate your understanding.
Helping our Communities -- Many organizations in our communities are mobilizing to help provide assistance to those impacted economically by Coronavirus. First Financial will help lead those efforts by contributing $1 million to help fund COVID-19 relief efforts throughout our footprint. These funds will help relief efforts being managed by United Way, United Fund, and other community organizations also managing COVID-19 relief. This contribution will put critical funds in the hands of agencies actively working in our communities right now to deliver quick and effective assistance to those in need.
Bank from Home Options and Enhancements -- We have modified many products and service channels to make it easier and faster for you to make transactions, open accounts and conduct your banking from home. We’re staffed and open for business, but encourage you to use the many phone, online and mobile options for your banking. We’ve highlighted many of those options and some enhancements we’ve made to help make remote banking even easier below.
- You can open most First Financial products and accounts online through bankatfirst.com or by phone. If you need assistance, our team is happy to help you through the process.
- We’ve adjusted many of our fees and procedures to help make using Snap Deposit, which allows you to deposit checks using your phone, and other services more convenient, as well as to help make phone transactions with our banking centers and call center associates more efficient. In addition, we hope ATM access, and online account access will be fast and flexible options for you to utilize.
- If you need to visit a banking center, our locations remain OPEN during normal business hours. Fortunately, virtually all transactions can be handled via the Drive Thru, so please expect to conduct your transactions via the Drive Thru lane(s). We will continue to service any borrowing, savings and other banking needs you may have, however, access to the lobby will be by appointment only as part of our efforts to protect our clients and associates. Much like other businesses, we are experiencing some staff limitations due to school closures and other situations. This action will ensure we have adequate staff to keep banking centers open.
Be Aware - Helping Keep Your Accounts Safe -- It's unfortunate but there have been many attempts by fraudsters who are taking advantage of our current situation. Please review the important information below:
- First Financial Bank has NOT changed any of our account security measures. Please follow these simple tips to keep your accounts safe.
- Monitor credit reports, bank account statements, and transactions
- Set up alerts through our mobile app or online banking
- Change your password often
- Ensure password is long, uses symbols and is not generic
- Do not use the same password for multiple sites or accounts
- Do not give out personal information such as your passwords, PINs, credit card number, social security number, etc.
- A select few organizations have the legal right to your social security number including your employer, banks and lenders, investment funds, the IRS and government-funded programs such as workers’ compensation
- The more sensitive your information is, the more often you should change your password. Now would be a good time to change your online account password and ensure that your password for your bank account is unique and not the same as any other online password you might use. Below are some tips for creating a strong password:
- Do not include any personal info such as your name or date of birth.
- Choose a password with 15 or more characters, if possible.
- Use a combination of characters including upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Don’t use common words (ex: password) or patterns (ex: 1234 or abcd)
- Do not include any personal info such as your name or date of birth.