The National Banking Act was passed by Congress and it paved the way for a more consistent National Banking System - even in the midst of the Civil War.
Our bank opened in Hamilton, Ohio, as First National Bank of Hamilton on August 15, 1863 with a strong commitment to putting our clients first and helping them achieve financial and life goals. The office was located in a room at 239 High Street.
First National Bank of Hamilton is one of the first banks to organize under the new National Bank Act with Charter No. 56 – which gives us the distinction today as being the 8th oldest national bank in the United States. A year later, the bank moved down the street to the Hamilton House block at the northwest corner of Second and High Streets in Hamilton.