Simple and straightforward. Flexible and accessible. This account has all the features you expect from a checking account, without the monthly fee. When in doubt, go with Simple.
Simply great things about Simple Checking
And the benefits don’t stop here. Take advantage of these additional perks included with Simple Checking:
I'm ready to open an account; what's next?
- Step 1: Review account requirements.
- Step 2: Prepare your documents.
- Step 3: Add money.
Frequently asked questions
It’s easy to open a Simple Checking account with us.
- Requirements: At least 18 years old (applicants under 18 can apply in a financial center); a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien; a resident of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, or Illinois.
- Documents: Social Security number; U.S. government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, or State Issued ID); for joint accounts you’ll need the email address of the joint applicant.
- Add money to your account: A debit or credit card number with CVV code to transfer at least $25 to your new account.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction (“Insufficient Balance”), but we authorize or pay it anyway. We understand sometimes life can throw you a curveball, so we’ve simplified our policy. We offer:
When your account has been overdrawn, you get a $25 buffer. That means if your account's available balance is overdrawn by $25 or less, you won't be subject to the Overdraft Paid Item Fee.
$0 Returned Item Fee
If your transaction doesn't go through due to insufficient funds, you won't get charged a fee for the returned or declined transaction. (On your statement, you may see a fee initially charged and subsequently reversed upon being returned/declined.) If the bank does pay for the transaction, you may be subject to the $25 Overdraft Paid Item Fee.
- Maximum of 2 Overdraft Paid Item Fees Per Day: When we pay items on your behalf, a daily limit of two (2) Overdraft Paid Item Fees may be charged, even if the number of overdrafts exceed two (2).
- No Overdraft Notification Fee: If an account remains overdrawn, we'll notify you, but you won't be charged a fee for this notification.
If you are using a First Financial Bank ATM, there’s no fee. If using any other ATM, the fees vary based on the system. The ATM will notify you of the charges before completing the transaction.
Seriously. No monthly service charge. That’s what makes it Simple.
We like to keep our clients happy. That’s why you’ll receive a 0.10% rate discount on home equity, auto or personal loans.1 We are here to help you succeed in all aspects of life.
We can instantly issue a card to you at any First Financial banking center. If you open an account online, you should receive your card within 7–10 business days.
Yes, in addition to using your debit card for purchases, you can write checks. You can order checks online, by phone, or visit a financial center and an associate can help you.
GIVE US A CALL
Still have questions?
Chat with one of our professionals
If you need any assistance, or if you just want to make sure you’re on the right track, don’t hesitate to reach out! We’ll get you in touch with a First Financial Bank team member to help with opening your new account or switching banks.
1 Your final rate will be determined based on the loan amount, term and credit score. All loans are subject to credit review and approval and rates are subject to change without notice.
2 Client must enroll in eStatements to avoid a $3 paper statement charge with Simple Checking, Choice Checking, and Student Checking, and a $2 paper statement charge with NoWorry Checking.
3 All loans are subject to credit review and approval and rates are subject to change without notice. Contact your local banking center or call our Client First Center for more information. Additional qualifications may apply.
Carrier charges and data rates may apply for digital services.
All deposit accounts are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Special Handling/Electronic Banking Disclosure of Charges, and possibly other disclosures.